What is a Content Management System?
A Content Management System (CMS) allows you to manage and change your website content, images, text and online documents without knowing website code. Gone are the days of sending a simple request to a web designer and waiting days for a response. A content management system allows you to quickly and easily make adjustments to your website via secure login wherever you are on the web.
How does a Content Management System Work?
A website design generally has two parts:
- A "Frontend" which allows visitors to see and interact with the website. This includes the design, the layout, and how the website functions in web browsers such as Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- A "Backend" which is accessed only by the website administrator and is primarily code that sits behind your website to allow you to make changes and updates. This includes your content management system which is a simplified graphical representation of all the code that runs your website.
The frontend and backend of your website work together to produce and interactive experience for your customer while allowing you to keep your website dynamic without knowing code through your content management system.
Benefits of a Content Management System
- Direct access to your website - without going through your web designer.
- Immediate access to your website - because your content management system is browser-based you can access it from a web browser on almost any computer connected to the internet.
- Multiple Users can Manage Content - each website administrator is set permissions and can change website content within those permissions only for security.
Only want to update one page on your website?
If you are only interested in updating one specific page on your website such as "New
Products" or "Testimonials" or even your Picture Gallery, then Gladstone Web Design can offer you a mini-CMS solution.
We can install a CMS system on your server that will allow you to access only
the pages you need to update yourself.
* The fee for this service is $499.
(* Not all websites are suitable for this option and installation will
depend on whether your current hosting includes databases)
Trial our Content Management System
for a trial of our content management system.